Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday AM Update

This morning the nephrologist said that dad's creatinine levels jumped up to 3.5 (not good). They are going to do a nuclear med scan on his kidneys to see how the blood is perfusing to and through his kidneys. The doctor wants to make sure the arotic tear/aneurysm is not affecting the blood flow to his kidneys. They're hoping that the kidneys are just trying to compensate for the decreased blood flow they've been receiving since his blood pressures have decreased.

Dad ate 100% of his breakfast and is now bundled up fast asleep in his bed. He was shivering all through breakfast and I think is feeling warm enough now. No more nauseasness. Dad and I think he got severely nauseas from not eating much food and taking all his medications including Percocet.

Mom is still at home with Darin. I hope he can keep her there for a while longer. She called this morning to check on dad and is still pretty emotional. I asked dad what he thought about this whole trial and tribulations situation he's been experiencing this past week and he was a bit teary eyed and didn't say anything.

We're still hoping and praying for both of his kidneys to be strong and regain function. We're also prayerful that the aortic tear can remain stable.

1 comment:

Ambrea said...

Thanks for the update this morning. Thanks for all that you have been doing for the family. We are VERY glad you are here.